Thursday, September 25, 2008

Singapore Travelogue: Adieus

(Posted on behalf of Kumar)

Like everything nice, the Singapore trip had to come to its natural conclusion. The project report was published, and I took off to India (Chennai to Vizag). As with many of my travelogues, I tend to keep my business participation to a minimum – enough to provide a context. That was by design – not to get the reader bored with the shop talk.

The break in Vizag was very pleasurable. There is never a greater satisfaction than seeing one’s parents and sibling. It is unfortunate for me that it had to be the case that I need to travel 10K miles to see them. But, this is a life of my choosing, and hence must be endured.

While I was out here, I was secretly missing my kids. They were pulling me in a number of directions: I was missing their love, worried about their education and finally their tests/marks, etc. Children may never realize their parents’ anxiety (especially of Asiatic style, where parents still think they are responsible for their children’s success) until they have their own.

No comments: